Friday 10 June 2011

Faster than a speeding...biodiesel car?


A couple of weeks ago, Grandpa took me to the drag races in Medicine Hat.

I’ve never been to the car races before, but I think I’m hooked. I used to think I was fast (Superman fast)… but wow – some of those cars can really move.

Like the biodiesel jet funny car fueled by canola. I’m not kidding! Grandpa says the car is one of a kind. When it takes off, flames shoot out the back end, like a rocket. The stands literally shake from the sound it makes. Boom, boom, boom!

It was unbelievable. I was scared to blink in case I missed it.

Now that’s the kind of speed I need to beat “Lightening” and the Red Head on the track this year.

Grandma tells me I’m already on my way – just by adding two teaspoons of canola oil to my Berry Smoothie. She says “fat” is a powerhouse of energy. And none of those trans fats, like I’m sure my friends and I eat when we buy one of those packages of cream-filled cookies that we share. I should have known she’d say that.

Maybe it’s time for me to think about how else I can fuel my body for prime speed. Hmmm…sounds like a summer project.

Gotta jet – like a canola biodiesel jet car!

-    Chase Superman Duffy


Pssst. Going to WordsWorth? I’ll be there…along with the three winners of the Martyn Godfrey Young Writers Award.  There’s still time to register…but hurry! WordsWorth is definitely a camp worth writing home about.

No comments:

Post a Comment