Tuesday 16 August 2011

Hot August Nights!



Grandpa and I went to Hot August Nights last Wednesday night. SO cool!

The whole night was a smorgasbord of loud engines, awesome cars, and cotton candy (can’t forget the cotton candy!), but the best part was watching Kevin race his Jet Engine Funny Car along the quarter mile track.

Kevin is the driver of the first ever Jet Engine Funny Car to run on 100% canola biodiesel. I met him in Medicine Hat a few months ago at my first ever drag races. That was fun, but Hot August Nights in Edmonton was so much better. Kevin raced twice.

You wouldn’t believe how amazing it was! Grandpa let me use his phone to take a video of it but I couldn't upload it so here's a link from YouTube.




Next week, Mom is taking me to the Fringe Festival in Edmonton where I get to go on some carnival rides powered by canola biodiesel. How exciting is that?

Gotta jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment