Saturday 8 October 2011

Gratitudes

Monday is Thanksgiving, which means I’m going to stuff myself with turkey, mashed potatoes and Grandma’s pumpkin pie!

But in school this week, we’ve been talking a lot about the meaning of Thanksgiving, and making lists of what we’re grateful for. I thought sharing it might get you thinking about what you’re thankful for – besides your awesome dinner.

I’m thankful for:

·      My parents, who are teaching me about responsibility and offer unconditional love. And bought me new track shoes!
·      Grandma’s zucchini loaf. All of her baking, really. And her smile. My Grandma has the greatest smile.
·      Grandpa, who is my very best friend. I can tell him anything and he always listens – even if he doesn’t always believe me.
·      Coach Taylor, who pushes me do my best.
·      People with dreams and visions – like Mr. Slovonuk, the first Canadian canola farmer. Can you imagine what might have happened if Grandpa didn’t grow canola?
·      My Language Arts teacher, who gave me a great mark on my short story.
·      My house, and a fridge full of healthy food.
·      My health.
·      My iPod and my stop watch – they don’t make running easier, but they do make running long distances more interesting.
·      My sister. (*you’re welcome, Mom)

Wow. When you start writing it out, it’s easy to see how we can sometimes take things for granted.

What’s on your list? AND, are you having turkey this weekend?

Gotta jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment