Friday 23 March 2012

National Superman Day? Absolutely!


I’m declaring March 26 “National Superman Day.” Officially, it’s “Make up your own holiday day” – so why not Superman? 

Spring Break starts this weekend, which means I can curl up on the couch and watch Superman movies all day on Monday. I could even pretend to fly around the house in my Halloween costume without anyone thinking it’s strange – I’ll just remind everyone that it’s “National Superman Day.” The best day of the year!

I don’t think it’s silly at all.

There’s already tons of ridiculous holidays, like “Wiggle Your Toes Day” on August 6, or “Talk Like Shakespeare Day” on April 23. (Ugh…I hope my Language Arts teacher doesn’t know about that holiday.)

May 10 is supposed to be the national holiday to clean up your room day (close your eyes, Mom) and aside from being Canada Day, July 1 is also “Build a Scarecrow Day.”

But I guess all holidays aren’t silly. Here’s some great days of celebration that are right around the corner.

March 27 is World Theatre Day

April 23 is Canada Book Day.

So which is your favourite day? And what day will you declare March 26?

Gotta jet! Time to try on my costume for Monday.

- Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment