Friday 17 August 2012

What if...?


I know the Olympics are over, but I can’t stop thinking about all of the athletes and how hard they have to work. I mean, the Olympics are the pinnacle of peak performance, right?

I’ve been practicing my running all summer. I even beat my personal best in the 50-meter dash. But Dad says I need to start thinking about the future – before I go into high school. Because what if I'm not good enough? Gulp.

It’s not that he doesn’t think I’m a good runner. My family is really supportive, especially Grandpa, who has never missed one of my track events. But even Grandpa thinks I should have a back-up plan.

I mentored at the library this year, and teaching kids how to read was pretty fun. I could be a teacher… I also love writing, so a career in journalism might not be so bad.  Maybe I could be a SPORTS REPORTER, for like TSN or something?

All I know is that lately I’ve been thinking a lot about what I want to be when I grow up.  It’s not as easy as I thought…

Gotta jet. School is right around the corner so I’m taking advantage of the sunshine and hitting the BMW trails with Gordon. It’s just supposed to be for fun, but I bet it turns into a race.

Speaking of races, don’t forget to check below for the alternative ending Gr. 4 Vital Grandin student, Kail, wrote for Gotta Jet.

- Chase Superman Duffy


GO!

Chase was racing down the hill as his Grandpa and Kevin were cheering him on.

Chase was in first place heading toward the finish line faster than a speeding bullet. “Man, I feel like I’m in NASA,” Chase said, speeding down the bumpy road, heading closer to the finish line until…whoosh!

Gordon sped right past him.

But Chase wasn’t ready to give up. He released…THE JET!

Faster than ever, he simply shot past “Lightening” and crossed the finish line.


THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment