Monday 17 September 2012

Hey you! Wash your hands!


I’m late posting on my blog this weekend because I spent most of it in bed. I even missed school on Friday.

No, not because I’m lazy – though my Mom sometimes says I am when I don’t clean my room.

I’m sick.

It happens almost every year at the start of school. Maybe it’s because we’re not sleeping enough or eating right, so our immune systems are down. One kid gets sick, and BOOM! It’s a whole school problem.

This year, I thought I was doing everything right – 8 full hours of sleep (even though I was so excited about my first day), a well-balanced and nutritious lunch (thanks to Mom), and I’m always washing my hands.

Even our health teacher says that’s the key.

But we must have some strong germs at my school.

Monday (today) is a professional development day for teachers, so at least I get some of my weekend.

What about you? Any tips to keep healthy this school year? I can’t afford to miss school…or track practice.

Gotta jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment