Friday 7 September 2012

How will you celebrate Grandparent’s Day?



Did you know that this Sunday is Grandparent’s Day?

Don’t worry if you didn’t – it’s not as well known as Mother and Father’s Day. Apparently, way back in 1970, a lady from the United States came up with the idea to set aside a day to encourage families to visit their elderly relatives. It took eight years for it to become official, but now there’s even a song.

No, I won’t be singing it to my Grandparents this weekend, and I don’t need a special day to visit my Grandma and Grandpa, but I think Mom is going to make a big dinner on Sunday night to celebrate her parents.

I feel kind of sad for my Dad. His Mom and Dad passed away before I was even born.

Dad says I’m lucky to have such a great relationship with my Grandparents, and he’s right. My Grandpa and I do everything together. Like go to the car races, or hang out in his tractor. I don’t even mind doing chores around the farm with him.

And of course, Grandma spoils me and my sister with her baking and giant hugs.

Grandpa has never missed one of my track and field meets, and he’s always the loudest person cheering from the stands. If anyone in my family believes I’m going to make it to the Olympics, it’s him!

I don’t know what yet, but I’m going to think of something special to do for my Grandparent’s this weekend – more than include him in my blogs! Maybe I’ll ask my friend Sophie for some help, she always has great ideas.

How about you? Are you planning anything special for your Grandparent’s this Sunday?

Gotta Jet! Have a great week.

- Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment