Sunday 2 September 2012

School starts Tuesday!


You might think I’m crazy, but I can hardly wait for school to start on Tuesday.

It’s been a great summer – filled with festivals, hanging out with friends, spending time with my grandparents at their farm, and running. Lots and lots of running.

I think all of my training this summer will even impress Coach Taylor.

Both of my parents are working this weekend, even though Monday is Labour Day, which means my sister and I will be going to Grandma and Grandpa’s for a couple of days.

That’s fine by me. While Grandpa is harvesting, and Grandma is baking, I’m going to get in my last couple of practices outside by running around the canola field. Maybe I’ll even hit my personal best – under 10 minutes!

It’s tradition for me to help out around the farm, too. So unless it’s raining, or there’s too much morning dew, Grandpa and I will be in the field. And of course, I’ll be out in the garden helping Grandma harvest her vegetables. She says her peas didn’t do very well this year (my Mom’s neither!) but there’s  the last of the beans to pick, herbs to dry, and corn to freeze.

Sounds like a perfect weekend. How about you? What do you have planned for Labour Day Monday? Oh, and don’t forget to check out the BLUE MOON!

Gotta jet.

- Superman Chase Duffy
-       
P.S. Speaking of school…check out the alternate ending St. Vital Grandin DEENA wrote for Gotta Jet. Pretty cool!

GO!

As Chase was racing, Gordon Lightening Smith, he saw a dark cloud coming towards them. But…

Both of them blacked out, and they both traveled back in time. And Chase saw Frank. And Frank was cheering Chase on, and Chase…

Won!

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment