Friday 23 November 2012

Grooving to the tunes


I’m on pins and needles waiting to hear Coach Taylor’s decision about transferring to another school. I don’t want to rush him, especially if it means he makes a hasty decision and changes schools. But, it’s all I think about.

It’s officially too cold to train outside (brrr…) so I’ve been going to the gym – but my productivity level hasn’t been the greatest. It’s like Coach Taylor is already gone and I need to find a new way to motivate myself.

I’ve tried envisioning my competition on the treadmill beside me. I’ve asked friends to go with me, but even Sophie doesn’t seem as excited about going to the gym this year as she was last year.

My mom suggested running to music. So, I’m compiling a list of great running songs for my iPod. So far, I’ve got the classics, like the theme song to Rocky, and that song by from the new Karate Kid.

But I’m just getting started. Do you have a few "get-moving" songs for me? Please help me build my running playlist – maybe it will help me get my mind off Coach Taylor’s big decision.

Gotta jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment