Friday 21 December 2012

Feast your eyes on this!


Hold your horses, you’ll never guess what’s happened! Grandma is preparing her usual fantastic Christmas feast and she’s asked me to give her a hand. Yep, little ole me.

In fact, she’s given me a name. Sous chef, which I guess is a fancy word for the next important person in the kitchen. Grandma even bought me my own hat and apron. (I wouldn’t admit to wearing one normally, but she found one with Superman on it. My Grandma knows me so well.)

I don’t know yet exactly what’s on the menu, but  there are a few dishes I am sure of. There will be moist, tender turkey. There will be mouth-watering gravy. There will be stuffing made with chestnuts that were roasted over an open fire. (Just kidding, I think Grandma bakes them in the oven.) We’ll have mashed potatoes (skin on, because it’s healthier for Grandpa), and fresh whole grain buns, carrots, broccoli, and some kind of amazing desert.

Grandma says she’ll have a list of things for me to do. Like, peeling carrots and mashing the potatoes. I hope she shows me how to keep the turkey from going dry.

It’s my first time in the kitchen so I’m pretty excited. My sister isn’t going to be happy, though. The rule is, whoever cooks, doesn’t clean. A dish free Christmas? That might the most awesome thing on my wish list!

Who does the cooking in your house?

Gotta jet!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

- Chase Superman Duffy

-      

No comments:

Post a Comment