Sunday 30 December 2012

Resolving to be more productive


A lot of my friends and family have been talking about their New Year’s resolutions – now that the world hasn’t ended like the Mayans predicted. (I told everyone it was stupid to believe in that…)

Regardless of an apocalypse threat, I hadn’t given much thought to what my plans for 2013, beyond training hard for track and field and doing better in school, and all that.

But, this weekend, I started thinking about my lack of productivity this past year and maybe I should make a few resolutions. Like, I didn’t read as much as I should have in 2012. Or write. And I know those two things kind of go together.

And, after helping Grandma in the kitchen this Christmas, I think I might like to learn how to cook. Nothing fancy, yet, because honestly, our holiday feast took forever. But easy, healthy stuff. For kids.

Of course, I’m going to train hard, try and do my homework right after school, and help out around the house a bit more.

What about you? Have you made a list of New Year’s resolutions? Do you keep yours every year? If so…maybe you could give me a few pointers.

Gotta jet! Oh - and Happy New Year!

- Chase Superman Duffy


No comments:

Post a Comment