Friday 11 January 2013

May the force be with me


Dad is taking my sister and I to the Telus World of Science in Edmonton this weekend to tour the Star Wars Identities exhibition. It’s going to be SO awesome.

I’m a HUGE Star Wars fan. I think I’ve seen all six flicks about ten times, and that’s not even exaggerating. My friend told me the exhibition has tons of great props and costumes from the movies. But that’s not the main reason I’m so excited.

The whole purpose of the exhibition is to explore character development. Like how Anakin and Luke Skywalker can come from the same planet, have the same genes and yet turn out SO different. I think it has to do with outside influences, and some of the choices they’ve made throughout their lives. Which is great character back story!

I’m working on a new short story for Language Arts class, and my teacher says she really wants to see some excellent character development this time. This family field trip is going to be a BIG help. And, at the end of the exhibition, we even get to make our OWN Star Wars hero! May the force be with me, indeed.

And with you!

Gotta jet! Have a great weekend.

- Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment