Saturday 19 January 2013

Sadness be gone


This Monday is the saddest day of the year.

No really, I saw something on the news about it. I guess when the winter blues combines with people – mostly adults – thinking about how much they spent at Christmas, it can cause a little bit of depression.

Sure, I’m not the most patient kid – I can hardly wait to get back to running outside. And even though we’ve had a mild winter, spring is my favourite season. But I’m not going to let Monday get me down. No way!

I’ve got way too much to be happy about.

Like snowshoeing. I’ve been out every weekend since Christmas, even when it’s cold outside. And I love it. Outdoor activity is something that makes me happy – and even better I can literally do it in my own back yard. Well, my grandparents’ back yard.

And there’s another thing that makes me happy. My family. So many of my friends don’t have their grandparents anymore. Not only do I have both sets, I have great relationships with them, especially Grandpa Duffy. My Mom and Dad are pretty awesome, too. And I guess my sister’s okay.

I love reading and writing. Playing video games with my friends. Watching movies with Dad. I even like school, especially Phys. Ed. Coach Taylor is one of the most inspirational people I know.

When it comes down to it, I’ve really got nothing to be sad about. Not today – and not Monday, either. So next week, I’m going to turn my frown upside down. What about you? What will you be HAPPY about on Monday?

Gotta jet! Have a great weekend and a VERY happy Monday.

- Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment