Friday 22 March 2013

Spring has...sprung?


Spring has sprung, the grass is…buried in snow?

Yep, I don’t know about where you are, but I think it’s going to be quite some time before I see any green grass in my part of the province. It’s like winter all over again!

I think my Mom’s in denial, though. Since the first day of spring this week, Mom’s been filling the house with tulips, her favourite flower. They’re everywhere! In the bathroom, on the kitchen table, even on the coffee table – I have to keep moving the vase if I want to watch March Madness with Dad. That’s a huge basketball tournament, in case you haven’t heard of it.

Mom says flowers remind her that spring is coming…even when there’s two feet of snow on the ground. I’d hate to be Old Man Winter if her garden tulips don’t bloom this year. Last time that happened, she threatened to move our family to BC.

I know it’s just an idle threat, though. Come summer when the crops are in full bloom and the trees are filled with leaves, Mom wouldn’t leave Alberta for all of the tulips in Holland. (I guess there’s quite a few of them, there.) This year, I’m calling her bluff.

So, what’s happening in your house? Any signs of spring?

Gotta jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy

P.S. Mom will also be soaking her sweet pea seeds next week so she can plant them on April 1; she says a little snow doesn’t hurt sweet peas...Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment