Tuesday 2 April 2013

B is for Books


I'm super excited to be testing my blogging stamina by taking part in the A-Z Blogging Challenge. Started by the awesome Arlee Bird, the challenge is to write a post every day of the month (except Sundays) based on the appropriate letter for the day. Sound confusing? Stick with me throughout April and you'll get it. My theme is: Things that inspire me.

*     *     *




I love books.


I know reading is really important if you want to be a writer, and that literacy is a big deal – my teachers say “being literate” actually increases your happiness. Not to mention, the opportunity to get better jobs later in life.

Books are great for those reasons, definitely. But the reason I love books is because they INSPIRE my creativity. I remember the first book my Mom read to me when I was little. Love you Forever by Robert Munsch. What a great story!

Of course, I read all kinds of books now – spooky stories, adventures, fairy tales, even the classics. (I don’t read the mushy stuff though…except the Princess Bride, because that’s just a great story.) Every time I read, my brain fills up with ideas. I start writing them down, and before I know it, I’m creating characters, building plots, even writing chapters!

Yep, I love books. What’s YOUR favourite?

Gotta jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I'm loving that my 12 year old wants to be an author, my 10 year old an illustrator, and my niece an editor. It's all in the family!

    ReplyDelete