Monday 8 April 2013

G is for Grandpa


I'm super excited to be testing my blogging stamina by taking part in the A-Z Blogging Challenge. Started by the awesome Arlee Bird, the challenge is to write a post every day of the month (except Sundays) based on the appropriate letter for the day. Sound confusing? Stick with me throughout April and you'll get it. My theme is: Things that inspire me.


*   *   *


I know I’m fortunate to still have my grandparents in my life – not all of my friends do. So, I spend a lot of time with them, especially my Grandpa.

In the summer, I’m at my grandparent’s house almost every weekend, usually helping Grandpa around the farm doing chores. Just before noon, Grandma stuffs my backpack with a delicious lunch for Grandpa and I, and after I run around the field to get my track practice in, we sit and have a sandwich – sometimes in his giant tractor.

We talk about a lot of things in the tractor – like the future, farming, and what an amazing cook Grandma is. Grandpa’s one of the smartest and hardest working people I know. He inspires me to do my best every day.

Of course, Grandpa spends time with me off the farm, too. He comes to every track and field competition to cheer me across the finish line. And sometimes, we go on great adventures. Like last year, he took me to Medicine Hat to see the Jet Engine Funny Car races. You can read about that adventure here.

Who is your favourite person to go on an adventure with?

Gotta Jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy

-    

5 comments:

  1. You are lucky to have your grandparents in your life and to realize it. I wish I'd spent more time with my grandparents towards the end of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are mighty lucky. I wrote about my grandpa, too, and how I wish I still had him around. Love that you guys are so close. Keep that up :)

    http://www.m5carolin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - thanks for stopping by, Kristin. I know I don't want to live with regrets that I didn't spend enough time with my grandparents.

    Megan, I'm going to check out your Grandpa post :-) Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post, Chase. I'm happy you still have your grandparents. I was lucky to have know all of my and a several great-grandparents as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome, Rocky! You've very lucky.

    ReplyDelete