Wednesday 10 April 2013

I is for It's a Blast!


I'm super excited to be testing my blogging stamina by taking part in the A-Z Blogging Challenge. Started by the awesome Arlee Bird, the challenge is to write a post every day of the month (except Sundays) based on the appropriate letter for the day. Sound confusing? Stick with me throughout April and you'll get it. My theme is: Things that inspire me.


*   *   *


Tomorrow is a very big day!

I’m in another book. It’s called It’s a Blast! and it features ME in outer space helping aliens grow canola on their planets. Pretty cool, right? The book launches (tee hee) in Calgary during Aggie Days at the Calgary Stampede grounds – where there will be hundreds of young readers. I can hardly wait!

And guess what?! The book also features Dr. Robert Thirsk, the Canadian astronaut who was part of a great project called CanoLAB. He was one of the crew members that took 250,000 canola seeds into space to see if anti-gravity would impact the seeds’ growing ability. 

How innovative, huh? He’s going to be at the launch, too!

Canada is FULL of innovators and inventors. Like Mr. Slovonuk, the Polish farmer who brought a handful of rapeseed to Saskatchewan and is credited for bringing canola to Canada. Or Kevin Therres, who built the first Jet Engine Funny Car that could run on 100% canola biodiesel. Pretty cool stuff.

You can read about Mr. Slovonuk, Mr. Therres and Dr. Thirsk in my adventure books. Just click here

What’s your favourite invention?

Gotta jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy

2 comments:

  1. I'd have to say the written word. Thanks, Chase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best at the book launch! :-)

    ReplyDelete