Monday 15 April 2013

M is for Movies



I'm super excited to be testing my blogging stamina by taking part in the A-Z Blogging Challenge. Started by the awesome Arlee Bird, the challenge is to write a post every day of the month (except Sundays) based on the appropriate letter for the day. Sound confusing? Stick with me throughout April and you'll get it. My theme is: Things that inspire me.
*   *   *

I love going to the movies. My Dad and I have a regular movie day at least once a month. Sometimes my little sister tags along, but mostly it’s just Dad and I. Last week we went to see Jurassic Park in 3D – talk about bringing dinosaurs to life! The T-Rex was so big, I could almost feel his breath on me. It was amazing.

Next week, Dad and I are going to see Jack the Giant Slayer, which is kind of a remake of Jack and the Beanstalk, one of my favourite stories when I was really young. Dad says I used to pretend I was Jack all the time and I climbed all kinds of things as I was chasing the giant.  Maybe that’s how I got interested in track and field – all that running after my imaginary giant. Ha!

I’ve seen some great movies in the past few years, but I think my favourite is BRAVE. Have you seen it? I don’t want to spoil it, but it’s spectacular. The animation is great, and Merida (the main character) is feisty! Mom bought my sister and I the DVD for Easter and we’ve watched it twice since then.

I know it’s hard to pick just one, but what’s YOUR favourite movie?

Gotta Jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy

PS – M is also for MOM. Lucky me, I have the best Mom in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment