Monday 22 April 2013

S is for Superman



I'm super excited to be testing my blogging stamina by taking part in the A-Z Blogging Challenge. Started by the awesome Arlee Bird, the challenge is to write a post every day of the month (except Sundays) based on the appropriate letter for the day. Sound confusing? Stick with me throughout April and you'll get it. My theme is: Things that inspire me.
*    *    *


I know, predictable, right? Anyone who knows me would guess my “S” word for the A to Z Blogging Challenge – Superman.

Most of my friends call me Superman because I like to think I can run pretty fast. Coach Taylor says I can, and I do great at school track and field meets. This year, I’m actually hoping to make the provincial team.

I love all kinds of super heroes – like the Hulk with his ability to change into an awesome green monster, or Batman, who gets to drive around in that fantastic car and live in a cool bat cave. But there isn’t a superhero out there faster than Superman.

Plus, he has a pretty cool cape. <grin>

If I could choose any super power in the world, I’d definitely pick speed – I’d want to go even faster than Superman. (I think grandpa’s friend, Kevin Therres who drives the canola biodiesel jet engine funny car might agree. You remember him, right? Read about him and his super fast car in Gotta Jet!)

How about you? If you could have a super power, what would you choose?

Gotta Jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy

1 comment:

  1. Interesting question, but I'd say magical abilities.

    ReplyDelete