Thursday 25 April 2013

V is for Vacation


I'm super excited to be testing my blogging stamina by taking part in the A-Z Blogging Challenge. Started by the awesome Arlee Bird, the challenge is to write a post every day of the month (except Sundays) based on the appropriate letter for the day. Sound confusing? Stick with me throughout April and you'll get it. My theme is: Things that inspire me.
*    *    *



This has been the coldest Spring I can remember. As late as April 21, snow was falling outside my house. It’s windy, icy, and in areas where the snow banks have started melting, it’s wet. Gross.

I’m not usually a complainer, but this icky weather has me thinking about leaving Alberta – at least for a couple of weeks. A long vacation to somewhere the snow isn’t, because I’d really like to train outside. I’m getting bored with the treadmill at the gym.

Nothing too exotic, like Mexico or Hawaii. Running in countries that are too hot isn’t fun, either. But maybe something like Phoenix, or Florida, or even California. Yeah, California – I could visit Disneyland at the same time. Wouldn’t that be great? All of those rides!

We haven’t gone on too many family vacations, but maybe it’s about time. Now to convince my parents…

Where is your favourite vacation destination?

Gotta jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy

1 comment: