Monday 29 April 2013

Y is for Yellow



I'm super excited to be testing my blogging stamina by taking part in the A-Z Blogging Challenge. Started by the awesome Arlee Bird, the challenge is to write a post every day of the month (except Sundays) based on the appropriate letter for the day. Sound confusing? Stick with me throughout April and you'll get it. My theme is: Things that inspire me.
*    *    *


Yellow is my favourite colour – and not just because my grandparents have a canola farm. I love running alongside the canola fields because in mid summer, when the canola is in full bloom, it can take your breath away.

But yellow is my favourite colour because to me, it represents happiness. It’s so bright, sunny, and uplifting! Some people believe the colour yellow is great for brainstorming because it clears your mind – no wonder some of my best ideas come when I’m hanging out in Grandpa’s fields.

For others, though, yellow isn’t quite such a happy colour. It’s been associated with feelings of criticism, impatience and even cowardice. Interesting, right?

Yellow is also pretty useful. Because it’s the most visible colour, it’s often used for pedestrian signs. And that’s not all! For a really cool psychological breakdown of the colour yellow, check out this link: http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/color-yellow.html

Neat, huh?

So, what does the colour yellow mean to you?

Gotta jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy

2 comments: