Friday 3 May 2013

May the fourth be with you



Tomorrow is May 4, and you know what that means, right? You’re going to hear a lot of people saying “may the fourth be with you.” In case you don’t know, that’s a pun on the catch phrase from the Star Wars movies – May the force be with you.

I know, it’s kind of geeky. But it’s fun!

A few months back, I went to the Star Wars Identities exhibit at the Telus Space Science Center in Edmonton. We got to see some really great props from the movies, and I learned a lot about the characters – especially what motivates them.

Character motivation is a big deal when it comes to story telling and characterization. I’m working on a short story right now where the main character is a young boy who wishes he had super powers so he could run faster. *blush* I know, not very original. I’m exaggerating the character though – when I’m done, you won’t even know I’m kind of talking about myself. My Language Arts teacher says a lot of authors base characters on themselves, at least to start out.

Anyway, I hope you have a great May the 4th, even if you’re not a Star Wars fan. Oh, and don’t forget Monday is National Teacher’s Day. Grandma and I are baking cookies this weekend. What are you doing for your special teachers?

Gotta jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment