Friday 26 July 2013

Taking stock of my summer goals


I can’t believe it’s almost August!

So far, it’s been a busy summer – I’ve been to the Calgary Stampede, Edmonton’s K-Days, and just last night, to Taste of Edmonton. So much fun!

But what about all of my other summer goals? Like reading. And training for track and field. With the first half of summer almost over, I thought it was a good time to take stock.

The weather has been kind of unpredictable, so I’ve moved some of my training inside. I don’t mind a little rain, but those big Alberta thunderstorms scare me. Running on the treadmill isn’t so bad – plus, I’m getting results. This past weekend, I shaved another second off my personal best. I ran alongside the path by Grandpa’s canola farm in UNDER ten minutes. Not bad at all.

I just finished reading my second book of the summer, and my Dad bought me a couple of comics I’m going to dive into this weekend. I was going to work on my short story, but between Stampede and K-Days, and doing chores on Grandpa’s farm and around the house, I haven’t had much time. Hopefully next week I’ll be able to start on that.

Dad and I are still planning a photography/camping/fishing trip for early August.

 I’m so fortunate, I know…

How about you? How have you been spending your summer?

Gotta jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment