Friday 13 September 2013

An Oompa Loompa kind of day


The waterfall is the most important. Mixes the chocolate. Churns it up, makes it light and frothy. By the way, no other factory in the world mixes its chocolate by waterfall, my dear children. And you can take that to the bank.” – Willy Wonka, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

It’s Roald Dahl Day!

Have YOU read any of his books? Of course you have – probably Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I’ve read that one about a dozen times, and seen both versions of the movie. The one with Johnny Depp is the best. He really gets into the quirky character that Willy Wonka is.

I’ve read almost everything by Roald Dahl because when it comes to filling my imagination with all kinds of awesomeness, he’s the best. Like chocolate waterfalls. Singing Oompa Loompas. Giant peaches and great glass elevators.

My teacher says that if I want to be a great writer, I have to first be a great reader. Believe me, I do ALL kinds of reading. Last week, I re-read S.E. Hinton’s The Outsiders, another of my favourite books (and movies, actually.)

But in honour of Roald Dahl day, I’m going to binge read a few of my faves – especially Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Which Roald Dahl will you read? Do they have Roald Dahl at your school library?  Check it out!

Gotta jet! Have an Oompa Loompa day. <grin>

- Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment