Friday 6 September 2013

School goals - the 2013 edition



I don’t know about you, but I really like a good challenge.

Every year, I challenge myself to set some school goals. It started out as a request from my Mom – her way of making sure I stay focused on my class work, I guess. But when I started seeing my grades improve a couple of years ago, it’s kind of become a tradition.

So..with the new school year upon me, here’s some things I want to try:

  1. Use the school library more. My school is lucky to still have a full library WITH a librarian in it. This year, I’m going to spend more time checking out books and asking for recommendations from Mrs. Kratky.
  2. Eat breakfast everyday. I’m terrible at this. But ever since I started cooking with Grandma, I’ve gained more confidence in the kitchen. Toast and fruit is easy, but this year, I’m going to try adding protein – like eggs and yogurt.
  3. Remember my lock combination. Yeah, I have a bad habit of forgetting it. Maybe I need to write it down somewhere…
  4. Use my school agenda. Sometimes I forget homework assignments. Not very often, but when I do, it’s USUALLY because I forgot to write the assignment down in my agenda. This year, I’m going to try and use it – every day. Maybe, even treat it like a bit of a diary.
  5. Focus more on Math. I’m pretty good at Social Studies and Language Arts, and even Science. But Math is kind of a tough subject for me. Maybe I just need to spend more time with my textbook, or ask more questions of my teacher... Mom says she can ask my teacher about getting a tutor if I need it.

Five goals. I think I can do them. How about you? Any things you want to pay attention to this school year?

Gotta jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment