Friday 4 October 2013

Brrr...it's time to bumdle up!


Is it just me, or do we seem to be skipping seasons in Alberta this year?

First there was spring, which you pretty much missed if you blinked. Even after the snow melted, we had very little spring-like weather before it was suddenly summer, and except for a couple of really hot days, that season kind of went by in a blur.

Now, only a week after the first day of autumn, parts of the province are already seeing snow. SNOW!

Don’t get me wrong. There is much to love about winter – like snowshoeing (my new favourite hobby), wood burning fires, and of course, Christmas. But the leaves haven’t even finished changing colours, and the prairies are so beautiful in Autumn. It’s kind of sad.

Grandpa and I checked the Farmer’s Almanac, and it’s calling for a c-c-cold winter. I don’t know how much I believe in that old book, but I do know this: it’s time to dig out my winter coat and get bundled up.

The weatherman predicts a fairly mild weekend. I plan to spend it snapping pics of the beautiful fall colours before they disappear under a blanket of white. What’s on your agenda for the next couple of days?

Gotta jet!

- Chase Superman Duffy


No comments:

Post a Comment