* * *
I’m ending my posts with Z for ZONE — as in, getting “in” the writing zone. It’s different for everyone, I know, but here are a few ideas to help you find your writing ZEN.
1. Find your ritual. Whether it’s using the same pen every time, or popping a bowl of popcorn before you sit down at your desk, try to remember the last time you wrote well. What was your ritual? Repeat it.
2. Find a creative environment. Maybe it’s your bedroom, or the local library, or the park down the street. Wherever you write best — go there.
3. Clear your head. Words not coming? Try going for a walk or reading a book. I like to go for a run.
4. Write at the right time. Early morning? Late afternoon? Find the time zone your creativity best responds to and aim to write then.
5. Get inspired by awesomeness. Watch a movie, read a book, look at a painting. Find someone who inspires you and spend a little time studying what makes him/her awesome.
Starting next week, I’m back to blogging once a week. Even though it will be a lot less work, I’m going to miss my daily posts.
— Chase Superman Duffy