Friday 26 December 2014

Boxing Day shopping? No way!

My mom left the house REALLY early this morning to go meet Grandma. I think I heard her alarm at like, 5:00 a.m. THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS!

I shouldn’t be surprised. It’s tradition. My mom and Grandma always sneak off for the day and hit the stores for Boxing Day deals. I guess it’s smart, because, we all got a few gift certificates in our stockings this year (Chapters for me!) and I know there are some MAJOR sales going on.

BUT.

You will NOT catch me at the mall today. I don’t mind shopping, especially at the bookstore, and crowds don’t really bother me. It’s the line ups. One Boxing Day, I stood in line at a bookstore so long, I almost finished the book I was buying.

I don’t know much about Boxing Day, but I bet if I looked up the history of it, there’d be little or no mention of SHOPPING. Which is why this year, I’m sticking around the house with my little sister. Maybe we’ll read. Or sleep. Or, maybe we’ll do some crafts…

Huh. What if we made some things out of BOXES?! Like shadow puppet stages, keepsake or idea files, a playhouse (for Amelia, of course), or even art canvasses. If we get REALLY ambitious, maybe we’ll try one of the ideas from this website: http://www.redtedart.com/2014/01/02/cardboard-box-craft-ideas-2/

Cool, right?!

Okay, I gotta jet! If you ARE out there braving those line-ups, stay safe!

— Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment