Friday 7 August 2015

A full day of reading is good for you

No, really…it is!

I looked it up, and according to research, reading is a more effective stress reliever than listening to music or even going for a walk.

Not that I’m stressed—it’s summer! But this Sunday is National Book Lover’s Day, and Monday is International Lazy Day, so I’m combining them this weekend for a full day of catching up on the books I talked about last week on the blog.  

I don’t know about you, but after a full day of reading, I sleep better too. Plus, it keeps my mind sharp, which is important because school starts in less than a month.

The good thing is, I read fast, so I’m not worried about meeting my goal. My mom showed me a blog about a lady who read A BOOK A DAY for a whole year and wrote about them. I’m not THAT fast, but I’m determined to get through the five books on my summer reading list. I’ll probably finish at least one on Sunday!

I can’t think of a better way to spend National Book Lover’s Day, can you? What are you reading this weekend?

Gotta jet!

~ Chase "Superman" Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment