Friday 30 June 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CANADA!

Oh, the food, the fireworks, and the fun! Tomorrow is CANADA DAY, and it’s our country’s 150th birthday, so I plan to celebrate by doing as many Canadian things as I can. All. Day. Long.

I’m kicking off the morning by eating pancakes (made with canola oil) drizzled with maple syrup, and then spending a half hour reading the latest Superman Duffy graphic novel, “O”—which is all about Canadian inventions and inventors! (The author and illustrator are Canadian too!) And maybe some Superman comics! 

After that, I’m going to shoot some hoops with my friend Sophie while we wait for my mom to take us all to the Farmer’s Market—with a quick stop at Tim Horton’s for Mom’s favourite coffee, of course. I’ll probably snack on some Ketchup chips or maybe indulge in a Canadian chocolate bar, like Coffee Crisp, Smarties or Big Turk while we wander the market.

After the Farmer’s Market, we’re going to the park for a picnic with my grandparents (if Grandpa can get away from work on the farm), and maybe go kayaking where we are almost guaranteed to see a beaver. No, seriously. Hopefully the weather stays nice, but it’s been kind of strange lately.

For dinner, Grandma and Mom are barbequing up some delicious hamburgers, with a side of poutine. Yum! Mom even hinted at a strawberry shortcake (red and white obviously) so we can sing Happy Birthday to Canada.

And then, my entire family is going into the city to watch the fireworks. I bet they are spectacular!

I know, it’s a pretty full day. How will you celebrate? You can get a copy of the new (and last!) Superman Duffy graphic novel at the Calgary Stampede next week, or by contacting the Alberta Canola Producers’ Commission. Can’t wait? Check out my Blogging From A to Z Challenge from April and learn about a bunch of things that are uniquely Canadian.

I’m proud to be Canadian and looking forward to celebrating with all of you. Gotta jet!

~ Chase Superman Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment